Customised Denim

For a little while now I started following a Canadian company who made patches and pins and I loved every post. I wanted to own most of Explorer's Press products, from banners, t shirts, and of course their inventive patch designs and pins had me lusting far too long, so I took the plunge and decided to order some bits.

Their shop is easily accessible and their order progress was nothing but quick and simple. I only made a small order, one patch, a pin which read 'superstitious' and another which I think was my favourite out of their range at the time, a little opened envelope which reads 'especially for you' in lovely cursive writing. After ordering these items while I was experiencing my usual shopping high, I realised I didn't have anything to customised, which could be seen as a problem because I knew it would have to be something I really liked, something I was going to get a lot of wear out of so I wouldn't waste a rad patch on something that didn't look right. Usually I'm very inpatient and of course want my orders straight away, but for once I was more than happy to wait for my package to come all the way from Canada because it gave me time to search for the perfect denim jacket.




However, after trailing through the high street shops looking for a jacket, I could not find one that looked nice on me. I've always had a bit of a strange relationship with denim jackets; always wanting one but every time I tried one on it just did not look right. Either too big, too snug, too bulky, the wrong colour, the list goes on. My order actually was delivered waaay before I even had made my mind up about a piece, which I have to say I was very impressed by! I believe if my memory serves me right it only took a little over a week to get to me, which considering their location in Canada I was trilled by.

After spending months still continuing my search, and my poor package sitting their untouched, Explorer's Press posted a photo on their Instagram of a similar company to them that they raved about (I think they may of done a colab together? this was a while ago so I can't remember!) I again, fell in love with a New York based company called Inner Decay. Inner Decay's designs for their patches and label pins were right up my street, in fact I made a roughly $50 order, so that speaks for itself! I loved their slightly dark humour, dark designs and the first time I browsed their website I made a purchase there and then. The Capsule Collection spoke to me instantly, and sealed an order for me because being a chronic illness sufferer I thought it was so perfect. I purchased this patch which I adore on my jacket (yeah I finally found one) along with three pins, Dusty Rose, the Anime Variant Capsule, and the Black Daruma pin.


So again, after a surprisingly quick delivery all the way from New York to the South East of England, I had even more in my arsenal to customise a jacket, and I finally found one. I decided to try out the ASOS Denim Girlfriend jacket in black, and I'm so happy I took the plunge because it fits so well, the quality is very nice and it's the exact look I was after, a bit grunge and oversized but simple and nicely cut.

I spent a bit of time in the two companies Instagrams and Pinterest to get some inspiration for where to place my patches, and after a few technical issues with my iron, I had to compromise a tad, but overall I'm really pleased how it looks so far and I'm excited to find some more bits for it! I also added a Lush badge, 'Fighting Animal Testing', and a cute little pin I picked up at Paws in The Park to celebrate 25 years of a charity that trains helper dogs for the disabled! I'm planning on heading out on Saturday for some shopping and if the weather permits I'm looking forward to incorporating it into a little OOTD. Stay tuned!


Comments

Popular Posts