Why I Was Taking A Break..

'Biscuit Mugs' from Tesco

Oh life, you're full of surprises. A hell of a lot of things have changed since my last blog post, and I thought that now I have a couple of minutes spare I would explain why I stopped blogging for a little while, and why I'm (hopefully) back. Firstly, I think I did mention this in one of my last posts that my boyfriend had very minor surgery, and we were just spending some time together relaxing to help him heal up. His surgery actually didn't work as well as it should of so I've been focusing my energy on helping him feel better and heal. Secondly, my health did start to take a little dip so I honestly didn't have the energy to focus on my blog; blogging for me is an enjoyable and rewarding hobby, but it does take a certain level of energy and concentration I just sometimes do not have in me. Thirdly, and the most exciting news, I've moved out!

Moving with chronic illness has absolutely fucking sucked, I am not going to beat around the bush. It takes incredible organisation and detailed planning to make it as easy as possible for someone like me who has limited mobility and energy. We also had to pack up our belongings, buy all our furniture and sort out all the paperwork and boring grown up business that comes with moving, in a week. YES, a week people. I do not know how we did it, but we did and I am so proud of my partner and myself, especially my partner, there is no way in hell I would of been able to do any of this without him, he is amazing. This is now our fourth day in our new flat, and I'm written this post while sat at our new kitchen table, listening to Radio 1, with a caramel latte and a belly full of toast, with Lily sat on my lap, and even through I've broken down a couple of times through sheer exhaustion and stress, I don't think I've ever been happier. This flat, or it is more like an apartment, is perfect for myself, lily and my partner. It's ground floor, so no more stairs for my poor hips and knees, lots of grounds covered in grass for Lily and spacious for my mobility equipment.

I'll do a future blog post about our new home soon because I'm very proud of it, and hopefully now I don't feel like pulling my hair out with stress I can continue to blog regularly again!
Decorative stickers on the wall are not ours. They will be going! 

Comments

Popular Posts