Late To The Party.. Winter Accessories


For as long as I can remember, I have always been the type of person who doesn't jump on the band wagon. I don't mean that in a boastful, pretentious manner, but I do eventually go running after that band wagon, but usually when everyone else has jumped back off. I think it's probably due to my laziness if I'm honest because when I see a trend pop up here and there, or someone tells me to check out a song or tv show, I just don't do it there and then because I'm an awful person, ha. But I think this takes the biscuit for me. Saying this though, this particular item hasn't gone out of fashion, but people aren't as hyped as they used to be.



I have discovered the fedora. Yes, just a boring, black, slightly large brined fedora, but I don't know why I didn't start wearing it before now. My partner and I had to arrange a move within a week, so that meant a lot of trips to IKEA, homeware stores etc etc, and I had to save my energy for these trips by not putting on make up. Sounds a bit odd but I guess unless you have a chronic illness you might not get that. Anyway, I have super bad skin right now, it's slowly getting better but I'm still plagued with outbreaks, acne scars, and horrendous dark circles so I absolutely hated how I looked every time I had to leave the house. But enter the fedora; a topshop one I bought soooo long ago, but I would just throw it on and it would make me feel a lot better, more put together, and it hid my face a little so it was the perfect accessory for a stressed out, self conscious, little-energy-supply chronic illness sufferer. A simple accessory can make an outfit, and I think having a couple of pieces in your wardrobe arsenal is a good tip to anybody who has days when they're not feeling themselves (which is everyone, come on), especially for a chronic illness sufferer, because it's so damn easy to throw a hat or scarf or whatever it may on and feeling better about your outfit and yourself.





Comments

Popular Posts