RGK Custom Wheelchair Fitting!

Hey lovely people, long time no speak (because I can't seem to blog regularly). A couple of weeks ago I had a booking for a custom daily wheelchair demo and assessment at the RGK showroom in Burntwood, Staffordshire. Burntwood is nearly four hours from where I live, so I knew this trip was going to be testing on my defective body. Long car rides usually equal more pain, stiffness, nausea and not to mention the elephantine sized fatigue it will probably cause, physically and mentally. I knew I really wanted to document the trip and the experience with RGK in detail, but I doubted my efficiency putting it into a blog post because I knew with my level of brain fog I would have, I wouldn't be able to write a blog post about it until a few weeks later, and I would definitely miss out important details about the whole process of going through a custom wheelchair assessment; something that is a big deal!

Soooo, even though I was very scared to do it, I decided to vlog the trip. I'm really happy I did because I was able to explain all the details I wanted to share while they were fresh in my mind the day after the trip and through the magic of (poor) editing, I could make sure I cut out all the mind addled rambling caused by the ridiculous amount of fatigue I was dealing with. I wanted to vlog mostly so I could look back at this video and reminisce about an awesome thing I achieved: a long road trip, staying in a hotel overnight with multiple chronic illnesses, and also having the experience of basically designing the wheelchair of my dreams!

I hope I might of answered any questions you may have about a custom wheelchair assessment, and if I didn't please feel free to contact me and I'll see if I can answer any queries!









Comments

Popular Posts