A Small Christmas Food Haul - The Vegan Kind

I decided I wanted to really get into the Christmas spirit this year; and by that I mean go all out. This will be the first Christmas my boyfriend and myself are spending in our new home; last year we were staying at his parent's house, and the year before that we had just moved into our first rented home together and we were so tired from moving we just bought the bare minimum decks because we were spending Christmas at our parents and we weren't really in the flat on Christmas Day anyway. Oh yeah; we're also hosting Christmas for my mum and nan, something we've never done before.. so there's a lot to organise, not to mention with the added pressure of trying to control chronic illnesses over the holidays.

Now, being vegan over the holidays isn't as tricky as people probably assume, but as my boyfriend isn't vegan we decided to be accomidating and let my mum and nan have turkey this year round ours. David is going to be cooking their turkey, our nut roast (which he makes from scratch and it's second to none!) and all the trimmings! (which will be accidentally vegan anyway). It was important to me to give my nan a really good Christmas, and some would argue that I'm a terrible vegan for allowing my boyfriend to cook them a turkey, but it's not my place to force everyone to sit down and have food they won't enjoy. I wanted to make sure we had all their favourite chocolates, drinks, treats and more but I also wanted to make sure I wasn't having a completely separate meal the entire day. I wanted there to be food for them, for me, and also food we could all eat together and build the memories of enjoying our first Christmas Day in our wonderful home. Enter The Vegan Kind!

Peep the little helper figuring out if anything is for her!


First up - these amazing mince pies that I first discovered in The Vegan Kind's last year's December subscription box. They are so good, and I don't really like mince pies that much so that's saying something! They taste and look extra indulgent so they're under lock and key until Christmas Day for everyone to enjoy together!


Up next is what might be my favourite kind of vegan chocolate: Vego's pralines. I LOVE a Vego bar as a treat every now and then, however these are even better and perfect for guests at Christmas because they again look very indulgent and great for sharing (if you can manage it!).
And that's all I ordered for Christmas Day! I wanted to order a bit more but a lot of things were out of stock because they are selling fast! We'll be getting a lot of other vegan bits everyone can enjoy, including vegan sausage rolls from Tesco; my alternative to pigs in blankets.


On top of the Christmas treats, I wanted to get David and myself a couple of treats because planning Christmas is hard, and we deserve a cheeky treat..
Nothing starts off a good weekend like a facon sarnie, except also a good coffee or pancakes. Also I've been wanting to try a different brand of vegan sausages that didn't taste too..bready. These were great in a tomato sauce pasta dish with veggies and Violife cheese grated over the top!
Again, peep the helper's snoot checking out the goods..


I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, and a wonderful New Year!




Comments

Popular Posts