Neglected Gems | Homeware Haul

Hello! It feels like it's been a while. I don't blog as much as I'd like to because I don't live a very interesting life to be honest! But on Sunday I ordered a new camera for myself (I'm currently using my boyfriend's dad's bridge camera!) and it's a little compact model that has a decent lens, which is interchangeable so I'm really excited to start taking pictures regularly again! It fits nicely into my handbag and isn't too heavy for my poor chronic illness effected hands so I can actually start documenting my life how I want, exciting update!

Anyway, I went to IKEA (yes, again) a couple of weeks ago to get some frames for these prints I've had hiding in my drawers for waaaay too long. I bought 3 prints THREE YEARS AGO at the Brighton Tattoo Convention and I thought now we've moved into our new flat it was about bloody time I got these babies into nice frames so they can go on show.

I couldn't tell you the artist of this print, it's been too long!
This flash sheet is by Curt Baer, an American tattoo artist, he was so lovely to speak to I still remember the conversation we had to this day! He offered to tattoo the bear's head on me that weekend but I was already booked to be tattooed by another artist, I was gutted!
Again, really wish I knew who's art work this was! The hare from this amazing print inspired the hare I got tattooed on my forearm!
My boyfriend had also bought me a Bill Murray tshirt from an artist he found on facebook, and it came with a free A5 print and that's also been in a dust sleeve for nearly a year.. I don't know what's wrong with me. So I took all the prints down to IKEA Croydon to get the right size frames, and while we were there I saw this adorable 3 piece set of prints that I just had to have; and I obviously got frames for them so these prints didn't have to wait a decade to be framed!
 Ah the detail! Done by Luke Dixon, my boyfriend purchased his amazing work off The Bear Hug.com
The London, New York and Paris map prints are from ikea, and sold as a set! So cute.

Comments

Popular Posts