Queen Slacker Over Here..

So, my very first 'prelude' post turned out to be quite pointless! So let's try a little update post, and I'm also going to link my tumblr page, which I tend to use more every now and again.


I turned 21 years old! I didn't have a big party and I tried hard to play down the fact it was my birthday because I'm never too bothered about birthdays nowadays, also I have to admit, I was a little scared of turning 21, ridiculous I know! It's almost insane to think about how much has changed in a year, thankfully it's been all for the better, which is a nice break from the usual stuff I have to deal with!

I'm back to working full time, which is nice because my bank account has now stopped sobbing! This is also relevant to mention because I'm now hoping that I can start putting some money aside to start funding my favourite hobby; make up. I've learnt a lot about the type of person I am, and who i want to be and what I want to be doing as a career for years to come. I unfortunately can't afford to attend make up courses or run away to university so I've decided to do it the old fashioned way. I'm going to continue practicing on myself, start practicing on others, slowly build up a kit and hopefully if I can make a good amount of progress, I'll then start to see about applying to work on beauty counters. I plan to document all of this on this blog, not just to share my experiences with others who might be in a similar situation to me, but also so I can keep track of my personal progress in order to keep me motivated because it's going to be a long, stressful journey.

I'm excited to start this new chapter! Is anyone else working hard in another job so they can fund hobbies or their dream career goals? I would love to hear your stories!

Comments

Popular Posts