My Love Affair With Myabetic

Make up, beauty things, purse, keys, phone, portable charger; the list goes on for all the things I have to bring with me when leaving the house.. oh and then not forgetting my medical devices, equipment, medications, my "just in case" emergency kit, and anything else I feel like I might need to bring with me when I leave the house as someone who packs a handbag like I may never return home. But it's the medical stuff I cannot leave the house without that makes my handbag either super big and/or heavy. I was fed up of breaking bags, having to use a backpack instead of a stylish handbag and barely being able to put my bag on the back of my manual wheelchair because it made the overall weight I was pushing around so much harder.. then I discovered Myabetic!




Myabetic make extremely good looking bags, if I do say so myself. Handbags, purses, clutches and kit bags; with your diabetes in mind. Each of their products has a dedicated section for you to organise your diabetic supplies so they're all in one place ready for action and to stop your supplies from getting lost or even worse; falling out of your bag (this happened to me on a night out once, nightmare!). I'm in love with their chic, minimalist designs which is right up my street, most of their products are made with a fantastically well made vegan leather (yay!), they come in different colours to suit your aesthetic and honestly the best thing for me is that I don't have to carry a bulky kit bag with me so I can actually use an overall smaller bag and I don't need a big backpack for all my supplies! Furthermore it means I can bring all the rest of my lifestyle items I want/need without compromising my style; which I shouldn't have to just because I'm chronically ill!





I've never really come across a designer company that makes medical bags that are this, well there's no other way to describe it: good looking! I had my eye on the Brandy Diabetes Backpack in black for so long because the size was just perfect and I love gold hardware on a black bag; it was just so me! However it was a little out of my budget. I'm not going to pretend that they aren't more on the pricey side, but that's why they are described as a designer brand, not to mention bags are something you should invest in! I was pining for this bag but I was a little scared of ordering from them due to the shipping and the possibility of getting a import charge as Myabetic is based in California, USA. I was so unbelievably happy when I got an email from Diabetes UK (one of the biggest diabetes charities in the UK) saying that they had started stocking Myabetic on their shop website!

I was gifted the Brandy Backpack from my family after getting my custom manual chair as I desperately needed a bag to fit on the back of my wheelchair. And oh my goodness, it fits on the back of my chair p-e-r-f-e-c-t-l-y! Everything I need to bring with me in order to leave the house by myself fits in this bag so well and the quality is so worth the price, I really can't stress that enough!


So this is what I carry when using my Brandy Diabetes Backpack in black:


Front Pocket:




Main compartment:



Back Pouch:




I loved this bag so much I decided to ask for the Marie Diabetes Mini Crossbody clutch in black and the Myabetic Banting Diabetes Wallet in paradise blue for Christmas and I haven't been disappointed by either products, I love them so much! Before asking for the Marie Mini Crossbody I actually messaged Myabetic on instagram if my iPhone 7+ would fit in the phone section as it looked like it wouldn't and they replied straight away! I really wanted to mention this because at the time they were experiencing those awful Californian fires which were right on their doorstep so I was expecting to have to wait a good while for a reply! Honestly they're always so friendly and interactive with their customers on Instagram and I think that's fantastic.










Myabetic as a company are just a breath of fresh air, they're run effortlessly, with compassion and a real keen and very genuine desire to be involved with their community and customers (they wished my sister-in-law a happy graduation when I tagged them in a Insta-story of me checking my blood sugar with the bag!) and it just makes me even happier to spend my money with a company who are like that.

As a self confessed bag obsessive who used to love buying hand bags from all different places and companies I honestly can't see myself ever buying from anywhere else just because of the sheer innovative design of being able to pack my medical equipment without having to compromise my style!















Comments

Popular Posts